Thursday, January 31, 2013

Welcome Lokpal!

I'm happy to know that India's Cabinet has passed the amended Lokpal (OMBUDSMAN) Bill. I know it leaves much to be desired; but a good beginning finally. I hope the hawks will allow this to be passed by the Upper House. Improvements will come by later!

I had also spent few sleepless night on the 1989 Bill that was never passed (was in and out since the 1950's). I know how hard it was to get consensus on this. Those who think that UPA govt will not return in next election, should give the credit to them of being responsible and taking a balanced view. I have no issues on member states of the federation taking their own decision and follow the leader in the timeline (just like FRBM)! Thanks Anna and Arvind Kejriwal for your efforts in making this beginning happen....can't expect miracles...anyways you chose to part ways!

No comments: